Thursday, July 5, 2012

Shabby Kitchens

Pinterest is my new favorite thing. Whenever I am looking for inspiration I get on my computer and  pull up pinterest. PINTREST HAS BECOME SUCH AN ADDICTION!

Today I went looking for shabby chic kitchen inspiration and as usual was not disappointed. Look at these gorgeous kitchens I found.


The first photo is from Shabby Chic White via Pinterest.The first thing that drew my attention was  how cozy and inviting this all white kitchen is. The natural wood flooring and white beadboard paneling bring  texture and warmth to the room.  I love the nontraditional open shelving. Not only is this a great way to display vintage collectibles, it also makes them more accessible. You all know what a big fan I am of using fabric skirting to hide unsightly appliances or anything else you want to keep hidden.



In this photo from media-cashe2 via Pinterest, a to die for farmhouse sink is calling my name. The combination of the unique elaborate upper glass door cabinets and the rustic two toned bottom cabinets are perfect together. I long for a kitchen island but it's not a possibility in my galley kitchen.


In this photo from the Ticking and Toile blog  a fabulous chandelier hanging over a distressed island brings vintage character to this otherwise modern kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment